Dear Home Patient Customer,
I am writing to provide you with an update on Baxter’s response to the coronavirus epidemic as we understand that the outbreak is challenging patients, communities, relief organizations and healthcare systems across the U.S. We have taken proactive measures to protect employee safety, provide aid to healthcare providers and those affected by the epidemic, and to maintain supply of our life-saving and life-sustaining products.
Currently, there is no impact from coronavirus to PD product availability in the U.S., pending normal ordering behavior by our customers. We understand how important consistent supply is to your ability to continue your home dialysis, and therefore are monitoring all supply and operations channels to ensure plenty of available products.
Your Home Delivery Drivers
We are taking the necessary precautionary measures to ensure your health and that of our drivers. As a result, you may notice the following:
- Additional protection-Use of surgical/dust masks, nitrile gloves and hand sanitizers by our drivers.
- Frequent disinfection-All drivers have been instructed to be extra vigilant with personal hygiene, including hand washing to protect against illnesses. Drivers will not use any patient’s bathroom and towels during this time. All drivers have been provided with extra quantities of hand sanitizers, to be used before and following each patient delivery/contact.
- Social distancing-If you are demonstrating signs of illness, such as coughing or sneezing, please inform your driver. They may respectfully ask you to please relocate to a different room in the home while they make the delivery. If this is not possible, your driver may wear mask and gloves to complete the delivery.
- Signature on hand-held devices-Until further notice, your driver may avoid or not obtain your signature. The driver may type your name into the device on your behalf if they observe coughing, sneezing or other signs of illness during delivery.
- Refrain from shaking hands-Your driver may avoid shaking hands with you. This is purely to avoid any potential spread of germs.
Baxter remains focused on helping ensure you have continued and safe access to the products and therapies you need. Providing industry-leading products, consistent therapy and transparent communications is our top priority.
If you have questions, please do not hesitate to call Baxter’s HomeCare Services, 1-800-284-4060, Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. Central Standard Time or your dialysis clinic’s PD nurse.
General Manager, US Renal
Baxter Healthcare Corporation