Self-care for Kidney Health
Healthy eating and regular physical exercise can reduce your risk of getting chronic kidney disease (CKD) or keep it from getting worse. Here is what you need to know about nutrition and exercise to practice self-care for kidney health.
Take Charge of Your Health
Living a healthy lifestyle can help protect your kidney health and reduce your risk of developing other diseases.
Start with these basic health strategies:
- Eat a balanced diet
- Keep fit and active
- Maintain blood glucose control
- Monitor your blood pressure
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Drink alcohol in moderation (or not at all)
- Maintain a healthy fluid intake
- Don’t smoke
- Don’t take over-the-counter medicine on a regular basis
- Keep a health journal to monitor your health
Basics of Good Nutrition
Eating Right for Kidney Disease
Be On the Move
Resources to increase your knowledge about healthy foods and exercise.