Why PD empowers
PD with Baxter empowers you and your patients with comprehensive services and support
For more than 30 years, Baxter has led the way in PD.
Baxter provides the largest choice of PD solutions in the U.S. so you can tailor therapy to the unique needs of your patients.
Baxter’s HomeCare Services can arrange shipment of your patients’ PD supplies to many travel destinations—even abroad.
Baxter’s Global Technical Services are available 24/7 to answer any questions your patients may have regarding Baxter’s automated PD-cycler systems.
Patients can place their monthly order online by visiting https://na.sharesource.com/.
Every month, Baxter drivers deliver dialysis supplies—CAPD and APD disposables, solutions, and ancillaries—to your patients’ homes.
Why innovative technology offers a patient-friendly PD experience
Baxter empowers you and your PD patients with our latest cycler technology and PD connectivity
- Offers the first and only step-by-step voice guidance for home dialysis in the U.S.
- Backed by Baxter’s broad system of support, from inventory management to on-site clinician training
- TSA-compliant, includes a carry-on case and can be taken in a car, enabling patients to receive therapy when travelling
- Allows you to review, identify, and manage your patients’ recent treatment data remotely or change a program from anywhere you can access the Internet
Why working together improves patient care
See how a PD program operates. Here is an overview of the care team roles.
|Surgeon||Hospital||Patient and family||Baxter|
Why educating patients about PD is important
Pre-dialysis education not only helps patients choose a modality and overcome fears, but it can increase the proportion of patients who choose home dialysis and encourage self-management of CKD risks.1,2,3
You can utilize online resources to educate patients on CKD safety information and involve members of the patient’s support system, as it may help improve patient outcomes.3
Additional resources and educational opportunities
With more than 30 years of PD experience, Baxter can help.
- Ribitsch W, Haditsch B, Otto R, et al. Effects of a pre-dialysis patient education program on the relative frequencies of dialysis modalities. Perit Dial Int. 2013;33(4):367-371.
- Malkina A, Tuot DS. Role of telehealth in renal replacement therapy education. Semin Dial. 2018;31(2):129-134.
- Narva AS, Norton JM, Boulware LEl. Educating patients about CKD: the path to self-management and patient-centered care. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2016;11(4): 694-703.