1: CHOOSE PERITONEAL DIALYSIS FOR YOUR ESRD PATIENTS FOR ITS SAFETY ADVANTAGES
- ~80% of ESRD patients are medically appropriate to stay home with PD1
- Home dialysis can provide life-sustaining therapy while reducing the risk of exposure to viral infections by minimizing visits to the dialysis facility2
- Enabling more patients to dialyze at home can keep your team safe too, by reducing the strain on resources and minimizing their exposure to infected patients
2: YOU CAN NOW DO ESRD TREATMENT OPTIONS EDUCATION REMOTELY!
- Encourage your patients to use www.pdempowers.com to learn about dialysis at their own pace
- Your patients can be matched with a NKF-trained peer mentor by calling 855.NKF.PEERS or visiting kidney.org/peersmentee-baxter
3: USE REMOTE PATIENT MANAGEMENT TO VIEW YOUR PD PATIENTS’ TREATMENT DATA ON-DEMAND
Remote patient management enables IMPROVED PATIENT OUTCOMES for PD patients, such as reduced hospitalization, which allow hospitals and clinics to reduce costs and redirect resources.3
4: CONSIDER AN EMBEDDED PD CATHETER IMPLANTATION PROGRAM
What is an embedded catheter? It’s about planning ahead – proactive preparation for PD with catheter placement before it’s needed to avoid potential bottle-necks
Good news is that CMS guidelines call for dialysis access, including PD catheter placement, to be essential, non-elective surgery.
5: CONSIDER INCREMENTAL PD FOR YOUR PLANNED STARTS AND EASE THE TRANSITION TO DIALYSIS
Did you know that in a recent Baxter study with 30 nephrologists, over 50% state that they use incremental PD to better plan their patients’ start on dialysis and avoid them crashing unexpectedly, and 60% of nephrologists start incremental PD patients on APD?4
"[My IPD patients] use the cycler at night every day – you want them to get into the habit"
Choose PD as an option for your ESRD patients
Call 1-800-284-4060 to get connected with your Baxter sales
representative who can assist you with additional home therapy resources.
Click on links below to discover Why PD with Baxter