Each month, you or a family member will place an order for prescribed supplies, and they will be delivered to you according to a pre-determined schedule. You will need storage space for the supplies.
Your nurse will teach you how to order supplies. Baxter provides tools and guidelines to make the process simple and to give you peace of mind.
MyBaxter Patient portal
Take advantage of ordering your PD supplies whenever and wherever is convenient to you. The MyBaxter Patient Portal is a valuable resource for quickly and easily placing your PD prescription order.
- MyBaxter is easy to use. The interface is simple, and the portal will walk you through the steps to place an order. You can also live chat with HomeCare Services from the portal if you have questions.
- MyBaxter is fast and flexible. Placing orders through the portal can be done very quickly. And the portal can be used 24/7, so you can log on when it’s convenient for you.
- MyBaxter works on a laptop, tablet or smart phone.
Visit our MyBaxter Patient Portal section to learn more and register.
You can also order your supplies via your smart phone or tablet device by enrolling in Mobile Ordering. Mobile Ordering allows you to place your order in 5 easy steps at your convenience.
To enroll in Mobile Ordering or for more information, call HomeCare Services at 1-800-284-4060
Click here to watch a demonstration of Mobile Ordering.
Track your home PD supplies inventory thanks to our home patient inventory form
Please store your dialysis supplies as follows:
- In the same box that they arrived in
- At room temperature
- Avoid extreme hot or cold (do not store beside your furnace)
- Out of direct sunlight
- In a clean and sanitary area
- Avoid insect or bug infestation
- Avoid spilling liquid on the cases or getting them wet
- Avoid animal contact
Disposal of supplies
Most waste materials from your home can be safely disposed of in ordinary household trash.
- Gloves, gauze, masks, and bandages can go in the trash in closed, dark-colored garbage bags
- Needles and syringes should be placed in a puncture-resistant container. Your nurse will instruct you how to dispose of the full container
- All cardboard is 100% recyclable
If you have questions regarding your waste materials, contact your nurse.
- Talk to your Renal Team before making any travel plans
- Arrangements for shipments of your dialysis supplies can be made according to your travel plans
- Ask for your copy of the Baxter Global Destinations booklet
Visit our Global Destinations section