Your nurse will teach you how to order supplies. The customer service team from your PD supplies manufacturer will work closely with you to ensure your supply needs are taken care of.
You may want to take advantage of ordering your PD supplies from the comfort of your home. The Sharesource patient portal is a valuable resource for streamlining your home dialysis prescription order.
Each month, you or your family member will place an order for prescribed supplies and they will be delivered to you according to a pre-determined schedule. You will need storage space for the supplies.
You can also order your supplies via your smart phone or tablet device by enrolling in Mobile Ordering. Mobile Ordering allows you to place your order in 5 easy steps at your convenience. To enroll in Mobile Ordering or for more information call HomeCare Services at 1-800-284-4060
For every order placed via Mobile Ordering, Baxter will make a $10 donation to the American Association of Kidney Patients (AAKP).
Track your home PD supplies inventory thanks to our home patient inventory form
Please store your dialysis supplies as follows:
- In the same box that they arrived in
- At room temperature
- Avoid extreme hot or cold (do not store beside your furnace)
- Out of direct sunlight
- In a clean and sanitary area
- Avoid insect or bug infestation
- Avoid spilling liquid on the cases or getting them wet
- Avoid animal contact
Disposal of supplies
Most waste materials from your home can be safely disposed of in ordinary household trash.
- Gloves, gauze, masks, and bandages can go in the trash in closed, dark-coloured garbage bags
- Needles and syringes should be placed in a puncture-resistant container. Your nurse will instruct you how to dispose of the full container
- All cardboard is 100% recyclable
- Talk to your Renal Team before making any travel plans
- Arrangements for shipments of your dialysis supplies can be made according to your travel plans
- Ask for your copy of the Baxter Global Destinations booklet
- Visit our Global Destinations section