Your nurse will teach you how to order supplies. The customer service team from your PD supplies manufacturer will work closely with you to ensure your supply needs are taken care of.
You may want to take advantage of ordering your PD supplies from the comfort of your home. The Sharesource patient portalis a valuable resource for streamlining your home dialysis prescription order.
Each month, you or your family member will place an order for prescribed supplies and they will be delivered to you according to a pre-determined schedule. You will need storage space for the supplies.
Please store your dialysis supplies as follows:
- In the same box that they arrived in
- At room temperature
- Avoid extreme hot or cold (do not store beside your furnace)
- Out of direct sunlight
- In a clean and sanitary area
- Avoid insect or bug infestation
- Avoid spilling liquid on the cases or getting them wet
- Avoid animal contact
Disposal of supplies
Most waste materials from your home can be safely disposed of in ordinary household trash.
- Gloves, gauze, masks, and bandages can go in the trash in closed, dark-coloured garbage bags
- Needles and syringes should be placed in a puncture-resistant container. Your nurse will instruct you how to dispose of the full container
- All cardboard is 100% recyclable
- Talk to your Renal Team before making any travel plans
- Arrangements for shipments of your dialysis supplies can be made according to your travel plans
- Ask for your copy of the Baxter Global Destinations booklet
- Visit our Global Destinations Travel Club section